Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Week 7 : Chamisa Trail

Chamisa Trail 183 and Winsor Trail 254
Distance Hiked: 7 mi
Elevation: 7,800+

Elevation Gain: 1,500 ft
Distance This Season: 34.45 mi
Elevation Gain This Season: 8,486 ft

This week's hike we took it pretty easy since half of us went up Wheeler last week and the other half climbed Santa Fe Baldy. The weather couldn't have been more perfect Sunday morning as we got to the Santa Fe ski area. It was nice and cool with lots of cloud cover and no thunderstorms! Whoo!
The trail was pretty steep on the get-go but after a few ups and downs it leveled off and was nice and mellow. We connected from the Chamisa trail to hike another mile or so on the Winsor trail which went through a beautiful meadow and across a stream which I believe was the Tesuque? No water aerobics or splashing this time around, awww...


The way back seemed like we had a much steeper climb. I believe Rick counted 175 steps on the last incline. Whoo, it got my heart going. Overall it was a very nice workout. The trail had lots of mountain bikers later on in the hike as well as lots of friendly dogs. If you're looking for a nice hike with pretty wildflowers, this one is a good pick.



Fundraising went very well the past few weeks. We're over the $2000 mark as of today and the donations are still growing. Next week my ad is going up for my web design/graphic design/photography/video editing trades for donations so if anyone wants to be one of my five people who receives my services in exchange for tax deductible donations to LLS, let me know! I have three spots left! Looking forward to my hikes this week! All the paperwork for the event went in today so I'm officially on my way to Rocky Mountain National Park!

No comments: